Thanks to the increasing popularity of business automation and smart home connectivity, the Internet of Things (IoT) is rapidly expanding. As designers aim to add more innovations to this evolving landscape, TE Connectivity presents some easily integrated solutions with its application-focused AmbiMate sensor module MS4 series.
Designers understand that in a crowded device arena, getting new connected solutions to market as fast as possible is vital. The MS4 module supports this urgency with sensors that are conveniently housed on a printed circuit board (PCB). Consequently, the assembly easily integrates into a host product or system. Ultimately, this enables teams to get to market faster by also freeing design resources.
Available in multiple configurations, the pre-engineered AmbiMate MS4 multi-sensor module is suitable for many different home and building automation applications. Prime examples include passive infrared (PIR) motion sensing, light, temperature, and humidity control. Additional module options include CO2 sensors, sound detection, and volatile organic compound (VOC).
Each of the MS4 series specialized sensors has a distinct set of specifications, as follows:
- The temperature sensor monitors a range of 5 to 50 degrees C with a ±0.3 degrees C accuracy and a 1 sec. acquisition rate
- The PIR sensor is interrupt-driven and detects motion with <0.5 second response time
- The humidity sensor tracks a range of 5 to 95 percent relative humidity with 2 percent accuracy and a 1 sec. acquisition rate
- The light sensor features a 1 sec refresh rate
- The VOC sensor measures levels of toxic airborne gas in a range of 0 to 1187 ppb with a 60 sec. acquisition rate
- The CO2 sensor detects levels of CO2 from 400 to 8192 ppm with a 60 sec. acquisition rate
- The on-board microphone detects sounds with an interrupt-driven <0.5 sec. response time
TE Connectivity’s versatile AmbiMate MS4 sensor modules fit a variety of applications.
- Air quality
- Energy management
- Indoor lighting
- Environmental controls (by zone)
- Workspace comfort
Sourcengine’s massive global components database has millions of parts to meet your design and application needs. Use Sourcengine’s robust search engine to find the MS4 sensor modules that will fulfill your project requirements.